Maybe some of you are my new readers, do not know more about me.
I have been an Au Pair (babysitter or nanny) since 2007. 2 years in Boston US, and now have been living in London for 8.5 months.
What are the advantages being an Au Pair?
1) Job isn't a job. (Watching TV, play, baking, go to parks & museums, go for movie with them, etc.)
2) Become a great cook. (I have to cook dinner for the children)
3) Have a nice room. (Compare to people who rented a room in London)
4) Have car to drive. (Besides drive the children to school, I can drive the car to my school, library, gym, or friend's house)
5) Can eat better foods. (My host family pay for my daily meal, normally I cook and eat with the children)
6) Go holiday for free. (My US's host family take me to vacation with them, I pay nothing)
7) Improve my speaking. (My children will correct my pronunciation)
8) Sponsor for education. (My US's host family paid USD$500 per year; the current UK's host family pay £1000 per year)
9) Learn and experience different culture with local people. (for example: British normally have fish and chip on Friday dinner and have roasted meal on Sunday dinner)
10) etc... (Of course also have some disadvantages, will discuss about it next time)
The children that I taking care are having a 2 weeks school holiday start from today. Today we baked cupcakes (forgot to take picture), and I take them to Crystal Palace Park have a picnic lunch. Today temperature is 12'C, quite cold. The park has a maze, found this pretty cool!
They are cheeky monkeys! (^.^)
Sometimes they are angle, behave and cute; sometimes they are devil and kek si wa (in hokkien).
(Top) Walking in the maze. Forgot to time how long we was walking in the maze.
(Bottom) We reached the middle of the maze. Yeah!
At the playground. I think my girl started to copy my signature post :p
p/s: Tomorrow going to take them for the movie "UP". See, I got free movie include popcorn and drink! Don't envy me :p